Friday, November 19, 2010

Firebird & Psylocke

So there is an event going on right now for the Xmen at the Mansion. It is against Vulcan & it sounds amazing! If I was still Polaris, I tell you.. haha
Anyway, I can't be a part of it because the only computer available right now is the "bad" one - the one that lags if there are lots of avs (with their huds, ao's, etc) around me. Lags as in.. You have to type one letter every 2 seconds so the spelling doesn't all come out like rubbish. & then everything else just takes forever haha. Too long to be on sl when its more than me & two other av's.

Anyway, this is a recap kind of post. I am really excited to have both these roles, especially since the Psylocke costume, but also since Bud made me that wonderful Firebird bodysuit (I made some boots & gloves - without the flames on them though - & got a cape & had a headband).

Just happy sl haha.

So, I'll do a mini-recap/randoms about the characters I play:

FiREBiRD
I really grew to love this character back when I had her in Bellevue. I am exploring her character in the non devout Catholic way. Ever since she was told by those aliens that her power did not come from God, but from their discarded experiment (& funny side-note.. Firebird came into being around the time Phoenix committed suicide), she has been more & more spiritual about things rather than religious. I think this was half-forgotten by later writers, who may have viewed her as "the Catholic superhero" because of her time as La Espirita.
So I have explored the route I believe the writer of her individual origin was headed. & I really enjoy it.
Scenes lately: A while back, we had the memorial service for the Vision. More recently, things have been calm (& I've happened to miss all the Avengers events. Bummer!!). I was there when Moonstone attacked the mansion (though I was told later after passing it on that people should not just attack HQs or bases without prior notice/GM approval!).
It was good to see the guy who plays Namor again though.
I haven't found a Firebird energy signature/aura/vortex that works for her. I remember Lyria used to have the best glowing wings/power displays when she was Rachel Summers, but she's never online so I can't ask her! I will keep looking. Just buying those big monster truck sized angel wings isn't enough. I'm trying to combine those with the image of the Firebird bright & vivid & licked with flames, swirling & insanely awesome looking haha.

PSYLOCKE
So much fun. After the person playing Brian (Betsy's brother) changed roles, our storyline with them kind of just died. Some fun scenes happened inside that little window though. But I finally ended her "hiding out" period & she's returned to the mansion today. Xavier, Gambit, & Emma were there (it was early, they were all who were there. We always NPC that obviously there are others but they just are busy or elsewhere around but not involved as much in the scene).
It was a great intro back into it all, though this Xavier was not the fatherly friendly mentor Psylocke remembers. He was very short with her actually. Though she is older than I am & mroe adult & may understand that with Vulcan as well as how unsafe things have been lately, he is just on edge & constantly busy.
Psylocke is not about to start teaching classes!! But maybe she can help somehow. Or keep her distance for now.
So Emma showed Psylocke to a room, Gambit went to the pool, & Psylocke napped as soon as she got in. She was tired & it was nice to be in the mansion again.
(I did sign back on in time for the event -- & with my new amazing Psylocke costume!! -- but what started as a bearably laggy bit (the other computer neeever lags haha), grew worse & worse as more people showed up. This computer can just not handle a 4+ person scene. Maybe 5 but I haven't exactly tested it that specifically haha.
Defragging now anyway.


both
I'm going to take some photos tonight of the costumes! YAY. I'm not good at photoshop or adding effects or things, & won't be hiring a photog like I wanted to, but it will be nice. I learned the minimums in my time doing it all, a while ago haha. Just basic white backgrounds for the most part.
I mixed & matched a Psylocke costume that I just love. I detest the butt floss costume. Pure exploitation that the character would never ever ever wear. I went on the theme of, like the direction I've taken with her character, more New Xmenish (not outlandish colorfully bright costumes), black/blues. She has butterfly earrings (I got them a long time ago with Lyria in a haunted house. RIP Lyria!! Memories :( ) to remind everyone. The suit is a black catsuit, zip in the front, short sleeves. The boots are those slouchy flat ones that remind me of her New Exiles outfit boots minus the heel. These are blueish (the official color is 'cold lilac'.. which sounds gorgeous haha). I threw on some gloves from LBD cos they match the boots but they aren't necessary. Oh & the X belt Stella made for me years ago back when the RP was in Niklaus's little box-sim haha.
(originally it was all violet, but I think it's jsut too bright & garish.. though I'll share & you decide haha)
So anyway, I also got an Outback Psylocke outfit from a friend!! THANKS Abbi. It will be lovely for the flashback scenes in another friends movie. It really is gorgeous!
Tons & tons of costumes. I will be sharing them all on here & on flickr later tonight. Yay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers