SO, since I've been thankfully given the role of Psylocke (yay!) I have yet to bring her back in. I was thinking some storyline involving Brian (her brother) & Excalibur/New Excalibur, coming to find her on a New Exiles mission. Or something, I'm just not sure at the moment.
The sad thing is that everyone knows her, or at least "her in her most iconic appearance" as the "asian" psychic ninja. Which is a shame, because really that is not Psylocke. Claremont wrote her as best as he could with what he was allowed to do when he penned her return & in 455-474 (& I love his characterization of her so I followed them to Exiles, New Exiles, New Excalibur, etc.).
She was still "trapped" in the "Asian" body. Ugh this reeks of the 90's.
So I'm going to see if I can say that, as Claremont wanted, I can fulfill his desire for the character he created by having her in her British body insim. (As in, not playing her original incarnation, but that Jamie brought her back British). This was Chris's other hope that she be Caucasian when she came back. She can still have purple hair, thanks to Jamie's tinkering with reality but ... ugh Marvel.
I'm going to ask :) I understand deviating too far is a problem, but I hope they can see that playing to Claremont's vision of the character is top choice for me. As much as I love having a "not everyone is white, yay!!!" cast, I feel it definitely does not work for Psylocke.
All the other Xmen that were affected by the Siege Perilous (the thing that sent Betsy into the Asian body/etc/storyline) eventually returned to a state of normalcy or what they were before.
IF not, then I am realizing that Jamie "rebuilt" her from the ground up, perhaps thinking she had liked/grown used to the "Asian" body, etc. Maybe it needs no reason & I will play it that way.
Ciao for now~

1 comment:
& regarding my comments about Brit "body" versus Asian "body" - I have gone back & read Claremont's original story & writing. Her body was changed & the whole Kwannon body swap thing is ridiculous. (see my later post about it in November of 2010. The guy I quote says it all much better than I do haha)
Post a Comment